Monday, October 31, 2005

Blue Ridge Parkway

Yesterday we drove a few miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. It was supposed to be the peak weekend for the foliage color, but it wasn't as impressive as I had anticipated.

More importantly, the pictures that I came home with are a bit of a disappointment too.


It's not the first time that this has happened to me after a promising trip, and it has prompted me to think and try to understand what makes a good or a great landscape photograph.

I don't know if I have the answer, but at least I have a good theory and I have a better plan for the next time, which makes me feel better.

More about this later...


1 comment:

bill's bitter pills said...

Hey..these are some great photos! Wish I had some pictures to put on my blog. If you want we can link to each other's site..I'm at www.billsbitterpills.blogspot.com.

Let me know.

Thanks!