Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fall colors in North Carolina

North Carolina is not as famous as New England for foll foliage colors, but it's not too bad either. I took these pictures last Sunday along the Blue Ridge Parkway, which follows the top of the Appalachians between North Carolina and Virginia.


Unfortunately the extreme drought that hit the area in the last few months has caused the colors of many trees to be a lot less nice than they should be (see the yellows here on the right), so I will have to cheat and post some pictures that I took in the same place last year and that for some reason I must have forgotten to post before.



As you can see, I was not the only one taking pictures...




...and this is what everybody was taking pictures of: trees...


...a patch of pumpkins (just in time for Halloween), and more trees.








No comments: